Sheep Pen Cottage Access Statement
Access Statement for Sheep Pen Self Catering Cottage
Welcome to Sheep Pen Cottage.
The cottage is ideal for less able and once in the cottage wheel chair users.
Sheep Pen Cottage is a single storey cottage with two en-suite rooms, one bedroom with a bathroom en-suite and one with a shower en-suite completed in 2010.
Sheep Pen Cottage is located on a working family farm Littlewhite Farm
Full postal address
Sheep Pen Cottage
• Pre - Arrival Information is provided either via post, email or telephone where we would discuss our visitors requirements.
• The format in which they take that information is the guests’ choice but alternative formats such as large print are available.
• We do not have our own website at present, however our cottage is featured on www.ridingfarmcottages.co.uk
• Access statement available in different formats / places.
• Information about public transport and routes, types of public transport, distance, accessibility is provided on our website and in the accommodation.
• Distance to nearest town (walking and by car/public transport) is provided in our welcome pack.
• Details of delivery of provisions arranged for guests/visitors, nearest shop-mobility scheme and details, nearest equipment hire services, availability of accessible taxis, are all available in our welcome pack.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• We do ask all our guests for an approximate time of arrival so we are at hand to help with bags etc.
• There is ample parking
• All parking is free
• All guests can be dropped off at the garden gate prior to parking.
• The car park surface is fine gravel with paving from the garden gate to the door entrance.
• The car park is well lit
• Sheep Pen Cottage is situated beside two other farm cottages, the parking is directly outside the garden gate entrance to the cottage.
• All paved paths to the accommodation would accommodate a wheel chair or someone needing assistance.
• All 3 doors in and out of the accommodation have a slight step with thresh.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• Sheep Pen Cottage is open plan
• We are here to help all guests
• All accommodation has room keys and front door keys
• Once welcoming guests to their accommodation we guide them around the accommodation, and are available on site if they have any further queries.
• All the doors in the accommodation are hinged solid wood doors
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors
There are no public areas.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
• Laundry facilities are available in our self-catering accommodation through a washing machine and clothes airer.
• We do not have a shop on site but information is provided within their welcome pack on local shopping.
• Other than bird watching, walking or cycling no leisure facilities are available.
We provide information on local walks around the farm and Brancepeth Village.
• As previous
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
Clubs & Entertainment
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• Sheep Pen Cottage is single storey, once guests are over the door thresh ( a slight step ) it is suited for wheel chair access as the whole cottage is on the same level.
• Fire alarms are fitted in Sheep Pen Cottage along with heat alarms. We do not test the alarms while guests are occupying Sheep Pen, our fire policy is if the alarm is raised exit the building as per information in Sheep Pen Cottage - we live on site in the farm house.
• All rooms have flat screen TV/DVD with remote controls and can be watched from the bed.
• There is no telephone.
• The bathrooms can have a shower chair, grab handles and slip mat.
• All rooms have chairs or mini sofas for guests to relax.
• All bedrooms are carpeted and the en-suites have anti slip Rhino flooring.
• Lighting in the rooms - all have centre light fitting and bedside lamps.
• All beds are zip and link and can be arranged to suit our guests’ requirements.
• Bedrooms are ground floor.
• All rooms are light and airy.
• We can provide alternative to feather pillows on request.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [En-suite or Shared]
• Sheep Pen Cottage has one bathroom en-suite and one shower en-suite
• Taps are easy turn
• Shower chairs and grabs can be provided
• Sheep Pen Cottage has a fully fitted kitchen with electric cooker and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
• None of the kitchens have lowered benches
• There is an extractor fan above the hob
• Flooring is laminated
• All the kitchens are well lit both natural and over head
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
Sheep Pen is located near a bus route which is at the end of the farm drive approx 1/4 mile from Sheep Pens front door, the buses run regularly into Durham and more information can be found in the cottage
Grounds and Gardens
• Sheep Pen Cottage is surrounded by countryside and public footpaths for our guests to enjoy, maps of footpaths around the farm are included in our welcome pack.
• At Sheep Pen Cottage we pride ourselves on providing our guests as much information as they require, be it at point of enquiry booking or visit in whichever format they require.
All information can be provide from our offices at
Telephone: 0191 3701868
• To expand on our current cottages
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 0191 3701868 or email email@example.com
Revised: March 2015