We have 5 self catering cottages - Riding Farm Cottage, Lapwing and Beamish Cottage, Millars Barn and Pig Run Barn as well as 3 ensuite bedrooms bed and breakfast in the Riding Farmhouse.
Riding Farm Cottage is a 2 storey stone built cottage. The cottage has all open plan living down stairs stairs leading to second floor have a hand rail on left handside. Both bedrooms are ensuite one with a bathroom ensuite and the second bedroom with a shower ensuite. The cottage is ideal for less able but not wheel chair users.
Lapwing and Beamish Cottage are single storey Cottages with bathroom ensuites separate showers completed in 2010.
Pig Run Barn is a 2 storey barn conversion with open plan living space downstairs hand rail to the second floor with a turn to right leading into 2 bedroom 1 with a shower ensuite and the other with a bathroom ensuite - shower over the bath.
Millars Barn is open plan living downstairs leading to 3 bedrooms upstairs, 2 kings/twins and a single room master bedroom has a shower ensuite and bedroom 2 and 3 share a bathroom with a shower over the bath.
Riding Farm House is a 2 storey farm house with 3 ensuite rooms located on the second floor Garden Room and Green Room and Beamish Courtyard Room.
- Pre - Arrival Information is provided by post email or telephone where we would discuss our visitors requirements
- The format in which they take that information is the guests choice but alternative formats such as large print are available
- Our website accessibility - can fonts be enlarged, can colours be changed, has it been tested e.g. against W3Cs Bobby programme, has PAS 78 been referenced and is updated on a regular basis.
- Access statement available in different formats / places
- Information about public transport and routes, types of public transport, distance, accessibility is provided on our website and in the accommodation
- Distance to nearest town (walking and by car/public transport) is provided on our website and in our guests rooms
- Details of collection service available for guests/visitors from local area, details of delivery of provisions arranged for guests/visitors, nearest shop-mobility scheme and details, nearest equipment hire services, availability of accessible taxis, are all available on our website and in the guests rooms
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We do ask all our guests for an approx time of arrival so we are at hand to help with bags etc
- There is ample parking but no designated car parking spaces we ask our guest to consider other visitors and use there common sense
- All parking is free
- All guests can drop off at the door and unload before parking
- The car park surface is fine gravel with paving to the door entrances and is flat
- The car park is well lit
- Riding Farm is situated in a courtyard formation surrounded by a wall the parking is against the wall and the accommodation surrounding
- All paved paths to the accommodation would accommodate a wheel chair or someone needing assistance
- All doors in and out of the accommodation have a thresh
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- Riding Farm Cottage has an entrance hall/cloakroom
- Lapwing, Beamish Cottage, Pig Run Barn and Millars Barn are all open plan
- As you enter the Riding Farm House you have to step over a door thresh there is seating available in the hall for guests to catch there breath this is classed as the first hall the second hall has a 2 doorway with a small decline
- The garden door has a mat - different colour to mark the drop
- The stairs to the accommodation have 17 steps with a good strong hand rail on your left handside they are approx a size 6 in depth and all are level all areas are well light day and night.
- We are here to help all guests
- All accommodation has room keys and front door keys
- Once welcoming guests to there accommodation we do give them a generlisation of their room and the accommodation.
- All the doors in the accommodation are hinged solid wood doors
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
As described in the public areas the only note as the accommodation is bed and breakfast all toilets for guests to use are in there rooms
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The guest lounge is available for guests to use which has a open fire with fire guard
- The seating is 2 large seatees that you sink into
- They are postioned either side of the room leaving ample room in the middle of the room
- The floor is carpeted with a slow tilt to the far most corner
Toilets are in the guests room there are no public toilets
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
- Dinning room is situated at the bottom of the stairs to your left
- The room has a large dinning table to accommodate upto 6 persons
- All chairs are solid with high backs
- Chairs can be provide with arms
- Breakfast is served at the table with a selection of self service for cereals and fruit
Laundry facilties are available in our self catering accommodation but not in the Bed and breakfast however we do have contact details of a laundrey
We do not have a shop on site but information is provided on local shopping
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All the bedrooms in Riding Farm House, Riding Cottage Pig Run Barn, and Millars Barn are not suitable for wheel chairs as they are second storey
- Lapwing and Beamish Cottage are single storey as they are better for wheel chair access I feel it would be tight.
- Fire alarms and heat alarms are fitted in all our accommodation as well as heat alarms we do not test the alarms while guest are in there rooms so our fire policy is if the alarm is raised exit the building as per information in the rooms - we do live on site in the farm house bed and breakfast we do have a bell as well i n case of emergency
- All rooms have flat screen TV/DVD with remote controls and can be watched from bed
- There are no telephones in the rooms
- All bedrooms are ensuite where they can have a shower chair and grab handles
- All rooms have chairs or mini sofas for guests to relax in
- All bedrooms are carpeted and ensuite have Rhino flooring anti slip
- Lighting in the rooms - all have centre light and side lights
- All beds are zip and link
- Bedrooms in Riding Farm House Riding Cottage Pig Run Barn and Millars Barn are upstairs Beamish Cottage and Lapwing are ground floor
- All rooms are light and airy
- All bedrooms in Riding Farm House have a fridge
- We can provide alternative to feather on request
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- All rooms are ensuite
- Riding Farm House Has 3 shower ensuite with Rhino non slip flooring. Taps are easy turn.
- Shower chairs and grabs can be provided
- Lapwing and Beamish Cottage have bathroom ensuite with separate showers. Taps are easy turn.
- Shower chairs and grabs can be provided
- Millars Barn has a shower ensuite with Rhino non slip flooring and a bathroom. All taps in Millars Barn are easy turn
- Shower Chairs and grab rail can be provided in all bathrooms
- Pig Run Barn has 2 bathrooms again shower ensuite and bathroom ensuite with non slip flooring and easy turn taps
- Riding Cottage Pig Run Barn Millars Barn Lapwing and Beamish Cottage
- All have fully fitted kichen with electric cookers fridge freezer and dishwashers and washer/dryer
- None of the kitchens have lowered benches
- All have extractor fans
- Flooring is laminated
- All the kitchens are well lite both natural and over head
Other than bird watching walking or cycling no leisure facilities are available but information is at hand
Grounds and Gardens
Riding Farm is surrounded by countryside for our guests to enjoy but it is not for the faint hearted
At Riding Farm we pride ourselves on providing our guests as much information as they require whether that be at point of enquiry booking or visit in which ever format they require.
Address: Riding Farm
Telephone: 0191 3701868
To expand on our current cottages
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
Clubs & Entertainment
Created: 2 Febuary 2012